Events in Nottingham in 2024: What to Look Forward to in the City of Legends and Lace
Nottingham is a city that never ceases to surprise and delight its visitors, with its rich and diverse history, culture, and entertainment. Whether you are interested in the legend of Robin Hood, the heritage of the lace industry, the underground caves, or the vibrant nightlife, you will find something to suit your taste in Nottingham. And if you are planning to visit Nottingham in 2024, you are in for a treat, as the city will host a variety of events that will make your trip even more memorable and enjoyable. Here are some of the events that you can look forward to in Nottingham in 2024.
- Nottingham Festival of Science and Curiosity. This is an annual festival that celebrates science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) in Nottingham. The festival aims to inspire curiosity and creativity in people of all ages and backgrounds, and to showcase the amazing research and innovation that takes place in the city. The festival features a range of events, such as workshops, talks, exhibitions, and activities, that take place in various venues, such as schools, libraries, museums, and public spaces. The festival usually takes place in February.
- Splendour Festival. This is a one-day music festival that takes place in the beautiful grounds of Wollaton Park, a 16th-century mansion and deer park. The festival attracts some of the biggest names in the music industry, as well as local and emerging talent. The festival also offers a range of entertainment, such as comedy, cabaret, fairground rides, and a kids' area. The festival is a family-friendly event, and children under 11 can enter for free. The festival usually takes place in July.
- Nottingham Goose Fair. This is one of the oldest and largest travelling funfairs in Europe, and has been staged annually in Nottingham since at least 1284. The fair features more than 250 rides and attractions, from thrill rides and roller coasters, to traditional games and stalls. The fair also offers a variety of food and drink, such as the famous minty mushy peas, candy floss, and hot dogs. The fair is a fun and exciting event for all ages, and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors every year. The fair usually takes place in September or October.
- Nottingham Comedy Festival. This is a festival that showcases the best of comedy in Nottingham and beyond. The festival features a range of comedy acts, from stand-up and improv, to sketch and musical comedy. The festival also offers workshops, competitions, and awards, as well as a charity gala night. The festival aims to support and promote the local comedy scene, and to make comedy accessible and affordable to everyone. The festival usually takes place in November.
- Nottingham Winter Wonderland. This is a festive extravaganza that transforms the Old Market Square into a winter wonderland every year from November to January. You can enjoy a range of attractions, such as an ice-skating rink, a giant observation wheel, an ice bar, and a Christmas market. You can also shop for gifts and treats, or warm up with a mulled wine or a hot chocolate. The winter wonderland is free to enter, but you need to buy tickets for some of the attractions.
These are just some of the events that you can look forward to in Nottingham in 2024. You can also check out other events, such as the Nottingham Festival of Literature, the Nottingham Carnival, the Nottingham Beer Festival, and more.
Why Mercure Nottingham City Centre George Hotel is the best place to stay when visiting Nottingham
If you are looking for a hotel that offers quality, comfort, and style, you should stay at Mercure Nottingham City Centre George Hotel, a boutique hotel that is located in the heart of Nottingham, in the Lace Market area. Our hotel is the best choice for you because:
- We are conveniently located near the main attractions and transport links of the city. You can walk or take a short bus or tram ride to the Nottingham Castle, the Lace Market, the Caves of Nottingham, the Theatre Royal and Royal Concert Hall, and more. You can also reach the Nottingham Train Station, the Nottingham Express Transit, and the East Midlands Airport easily from our hotel.
- We offer modern and comfortable rooms, a fitness centre, and a trendy bar and brasserie restaurant. Our rooms are individually designed and equipped with flat-screen TVs, complimentary wireless Internet, and voice-controlled AI concierges. Our fitness centre has state-of-the-art equipment, and our bar and restaurant serve delicious drinks and dishes made with fresh and quality ingredients.
- We have a warm and welcoming staff who are ready to make your stay as enjoyable and memorable as possible. We are passionate and knowledgeable about our hotel and our area, and we can give you tips and suggestions that will enhance your experience. We also have flexible check-in and check-out times, and special offers and packages that you can take advantage of.
Book your stay with us today and enjoy the best of Nottingham's events and activities in 2024. We look forward to welcoming you to Mercure Nottingham City Centre George Hotel.Book Now