Things to do in Nottingham during the summer holidays
Are you looking for some fun and exciting things to do in Nottingham during the summer holidays? Whether you're a local or a visitor, you'll find plenty of options to suit your interests and budget. Here are some of the top attractions and events you can enjoy in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire this summer:
- The Nottingham Beach: If you can't make it to the seaside, don't worry - you can still enjoy the sand and sun at the Nottingham Beach in Old Market Square. This urban beach features a giant water slide, a paddling pool, a funfair, food stalls and live entertainment. It's a great place to relax and have fun with your family and friends.
- The Robin Hood Festival: Celebrate the legend of Robin Hood at this annual festival in Sherwood Forest. You can watch jousting tournaments, Viking invasions, live music, comedy shows and more. You can also meet Robin Hood and his Merry Men, explore the forest trails and visit the Major Oak - the ancient tree where Robin Hood hid from his enemies.
- The Splendour Festival: Rock out to some of the biggest names in music at this one-day festival at Wollaton Park. This year's line-up includes Kaiser Chiefs, Busted, Billy Ocean, Tony Hadley and more. You can also enjoy comedy acts, fairground rides, food stalls and a kids' area.
- The Nottingham Castle: Discover the history and heritage of Nottingham at this stunning castle that has recently reopened after a major renovation. You can explore the medieval dungeons, the art galleries, the Rebellion Gallery and the new visitor centre. You can also catch some special events at the castle, such as screenings of Coronation Street and Eurovision.
- The Newark Food & Drink Festival: Treat your taste buds to some delicious local produce at this free festival in Newark Market Place. You can sample a variety of cuisines, from street food to fine dining, as well as craft beers, wines and spirits. You can also watch live cooking demonstrations, listen to live music and join in the fun activities for all ages.
These are just some of the things you can do in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire this summer. There are many more attractions and events to choose from, such as caves, museums, parks, gardens and more. So don't miss this opportunity to experience one of the coolest cities in England!
Come and stay with us in Nottingham’s most historic hotel, Mercure Nottingham City Centre George Hotel. Charles Dickens stayed with us and maybe Robin Hood also! We are now reinvented as a quirky boutique hotel in Nottingham that you will never forget! Please book some of our best Nottingham hotel deals now.Book Now